The Raw Silk Cape is made with 100% raw silk and printed by hand. The hand printed process is an artfully crafted skill, making each piece uniquely beautiful. What is raw silk? Glad you asked - Raw silk is silk that has not been stripped of sericin. Silk emitted by the silkworm consists mainly of two proteins, sericin and fibroin; fibroin being the structural center of the silk (aka - fine silk), and sericin being the gum coating the fibers and allowing them to stick to each other. As a result of having their sericin left on, raw silk is somewhat heavier in texture.
The edges on your scarf are left raw for the perfect drape! Caring for this scarf is super easy! Dry clean or hand wash with any non-bleach detergent in COLD water. Hang dry and press on a low heat setting.
• Dimensions: Small/Medium 72" x 30" inches
• Hand printed 100% raw silk - The hand printed process is an artfully crafted skill, making each piece uniquely beautiful.
• Printed by hand with water based ink
• Care Instructions: Hand wash in COLD water, any non-bleach detergent will do. Hang dry and press on a low heat setting.
We offer free 3-5 day shipping for all domestic orders (except HI & AK) via USPS
- You will receive a tracking number once your order is en-route.
Viscera cannot cover shipping cost for returning/exchanging items.
We offer exchanges/store credit for 30 days after purchase with accompanying electronic or paper receipt.
- All exchanged product must be in new, unworn, resellable condition with original tags. Any items not meeting these criteria will not be accepted.
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-410-9040.